Should you wear a bra to bed or not? To me, wearing a bra to bed is a simple act that’s surrounded by huge myths. It will not make a woman’s breasts perkier or prevent them from getting saggy. It all boils down to wearing the right size bra to have a perky chest. It’s a sad truth that many women do not wear bras that provide enough support. That’s what causes breast sagging, it’s not because you don’t wear a bra to bed.
So, remove your bra before heading to sleep. It will bring an improvement to your health and sleep quality. Here’s why in details.
1. It will cause a hindrance to free blood circulation issues when you sleep in your bra. It’s particularly significant if the bra has underwire. It will affect the circulation of nerves in your arms through the constriction of your pectoral muscles. On top of that, tight compression bra like a sports bra, due to the constant restricted circulation, it can hurt the breast tissue if worn too often.
2. Skin irritation may happen. The hooks and straps can actually cause lesions or even cysts to your skin if left for too long. What makes it worse is that you may not even notice the slight discomfort. By the time you notice it, the skin irritation may be already serious.
3. You may suffer restlessness due to the slight irritation that is preventing you entering into a deep sleep.
4. Hyper pigmentation might also occur. The tight straps and hooks of your bra could be in constant contact with the skin, causing darkening of that particular area.
5. Breast fungus is an additional ramification of wearing a bra to bed regularly. The warm and moist environment can be a breeding ground for fungi. If you live in a hot climate and have a larger bust size, remove your bra at night, it can greatly reduce your chances of allowing fungi to develop.